Bembridge Powerboat Training
Primarily we operate from Bembridge Harbour – but will meet clients and parties at any Solent port. We run courses and provide Skippered Charter Ribs for days out and Rib Rides
- RYA approval for the complete range of powerboat courses from
- Level 1 through to Advanced plus shore based VHF/DSC and First Aid
- Charters – Rib rides – Solent Treasure hunts and Corporate days
- Passenger services from the Island to the Mainland and up and down the Solent
- Other instruction and confidence building, including ‘taster’ courses, new boat introductions, night experience and refresher courses
- or take a ride on our NEW Tornado 3-man toy!
- Available for Regatta support, spectator or press boat – our 10 metre RIB is preferred by the photographers.
- Power-Boat Training Courses, St Helens, Isle of Wight PO33 1YB, Fast Rib and Powerboat Rides.
- Professional RYA Training courses in Bembridge, St Helens, Isle of Wight PO33 1YB.
An ‘hour or two’ of adrenaline busting fun on ‘Ultimate 3’ our 6.5 metre Redbay, Stormforce – the name gives it away a brilliant ‘little’ sea boat – you may get wet! Or ‘Sooty Shearwater’ at 10 metres gives comfort in all but the worst conditions around the Solent. Normal departure point Bembridge, Duver Marina
Half Day and Full Day Charters:
For a half day or full day charter we would normally use our big (10 metre) and comfortable ‘Sooty Shearwater’, powered by an inboard 315 hp Yanmar.
We will take you where you want to go, our charters are tailored for your convenience and fun.
Our skipper will be responsible for the boat and passengers however, will at his discretion, depending on the weather allow members of the charter crew to helm the RIB under his supervision.
Some suggested days out can be found below.
Powerboat Intermediate Level Training
During the two days you also cover more advanced boat handling in different conditions.
It is recommended for anyone considering moving on to the Advanced course providing them with knowledge and an understanding of navigation to Day Skipper level, visiting another port by day and understanding of local bye laws and pilotage into those ports.
Whilst it is not obligatory, students will ideally hold a VHF/SRC operators certificate and an acceptable first aid certificate which includes the treatment of hypothermia, cold shock and drowning.
How to find us
Name of vessel:
Type of vessel:
Power / Sail:
Southcoast / Solent, IOW
IW Licence to be coded 4 & 3
No of crew:
Corporate and family days out (with towable Jobe Tornado toy!) Available: days/half-days/shorter – multi day discounts negotiated
Isle of Wight